Sun, 08 May|
Come for tea and Tango hosted in the Penpenfarch dance studio. Situated in a stunning valley surrounded by woods. Perfect for people interested in starting, or to getting back into their tango practice…or just want to learn some revolutionary history & drink tea.
Time & Location
08 May 2022, 15:00 – 19:00
Llandysul, Penpynfarch, Llandysul SA44 4RU, UK
About the event
We are so pleased to host our second tango at teatime in such a remarkable location. We will be teaching the medicine aspect of Tango; the healing of feeling another’s skin and heart in movement, and the meditation of that movement transmitted to another. We host a safe and gentle environment, practicing gender neutral roles, creating a kinder and alternative way to learn / continue your tango practice. And as with the tradition of tango, all ages and abilities are welcome, including children and babies.
Penpenfarch dance studio is located in stunning wild surroundings, that embrace us with woods, a flowing river, home to majestic floating herons, and the sound of birds to accompany this little paradise.
Come and enjoy a cup of tea, a mate, and of course a dance too, or you can just come to tea & history and go for a lovely walk down to the river. Feel free to bring food to nibble on, and your favourite mug :)
Welcoming people in with tea or traditional Mate.
3:30 - 4:00 PM:
Tea & History
As we finish our tea and Mate, we will give a brief history of Tango; Drawing back to its revolutionary roots and multi cultural heritage; from Africa, european immigrants, and indiginous influences.
4:00PM - 4:15PM
Warm up & Stretches for Tango
4:15PM - 5:30PM
Refresher / Tango Foundations Workshop
We will start with a refreshers guide covering Tango foundations: perfect for either begginers or dancers getting back into the practice.
In this workshop we cover:
- Tips to understand your balance, & how to strengthen it
- understand the power of body language and what different postures say
- how to connect in an embrace with another
- how to earth, change weight, lead & follow inicial steps as one.
- how to shed axieties of proximity and dancing
- how to command a safe space
- Play live music to enhance the entire experience
5:30 - 7:30 PM
Practica means practice in Spanish, this is a time to informally practice your dance, it is less formal than the milonga.
We will host live music for the first part, which you are welcome to experiment to dance with. And then tango, canyengue and milonga playlist will follow for the rest of the practice. This is open to all levels in Tango, from begginers to advanced.
You will need:
- Practice dance shoes, or a pair of comforatable shoes without rubber soles, or just a pair of old socks.
- you don't need to come with a partner
- Bring a mug for tea!
- Suggested donation of £15, but please don't let money hinder you attendance if you cant afford it.
- If you bring your baba, please remember your baby wrap/carrier so you have the option to dance with them on you…
Please feel free to email us at email@example.com, or call 07423165338
It helps us if you RSVP, so we can email you if there are any changes or cancellation.
There is also few parking spaces so please try to share car journeys :) And let us know your coming with a car so we can coordinate.