Thu, 12 May|
Introduction to Tango Medicine @Newport
A kind respectful & gender neutral way of learning the art of Tango Dance & it's healing.
Time & Location
12 May 2022, 19:00 – 21:30
Newport, West St, Newport SA42 0TF, UK
About the event
We are honoured to co host with Akash a begginers introduction class to the beautiful art of Argentine Tango dance, in the Newport Memorial Hall, Wales.
Using tried and tested techniques from Tango Medicine method, we help people all ages and abilities begin a respectful and healing journey into dance.
Doors Open 7:15 PM
Class 7:30 PM
Practica 8:30 - 9:00PM
We will cover a little background, including the african origins of tango, and the respects within tango so you can go to a milonga with confidence.
We will cover learning the essencials of how to begin to move comfortably in your own body, & eventually to move with another.
To do this we will:
- help you understand your balance, & how to strengthen it
- understand the power of body language and what different postures say to embrace your individual movement.
- how to connect in an embrace with another
- how to shed axieties of proximity and dancing
- how to command a safe space
You will need:
- a pair of comforatable shoes without rubber soles, or just a pair of old socks.
- you don't need to come with a partner
Please feel free to contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 07423165338
Please RSVP as it helps us organize the class better.
to find out more about Chichi & Drews background in Tango please visit www.thelovingcollaborative.com